catridge match with Morch DP-6

I'm thinking of upgrading my rewired rb300 to a Morch DP-6, and wondering what cartridge would be a good match. First of all is Morch arm a really good one to go for? And then the catridges currently on the shorlist are: 1. ZYX R-100, 2. Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, 3. shelter 501 mk II. The turntable I'm using is J.A. Mitchell Orbe. Could anybody give me some advices please?
bblo

Showing 1 response by paulg805

Hi, when I was buying my VPI turntable at my dealer in Seattle, I had a chance to compare the Rega, Morch and VPI tone arms using a Glider2. The Morch sounded much better than the Rega. So I bought the VPI with the Morch and Glider combo. Sonically I was very happy, BUT I couldn't live with the Morch, due to the construction, It's called the worlds lightest tone arm for a reason, each time I used it, I thought it would fall apart, it just felt flimsy with all the weight strings. I sold the Morch and bought the VPI, much happier. The gentleman who bought the Morch also kept if for only a short time, he had the same complaint, flimsy and the weights were hard to keep in constant balance.