Catridge for sme 30/2

I am planing on upgrading my turntable from rega rp8 to sme 30/2.
looking for recommendations for catridge to pair with turntable. Budget is between 2k-4K.
phono stage is ayre l-5xe.
I have been playing records for over 30 yrs but my technical knowledge in setting up table is bad. That’s why I have been using plug and play turntables . This would be my first venture into this level of analogue and am a willing learner .
Thank you in advance .
newtoncr
Boy, that is a big jump! You're gonna love this. It has a V arm on it right?
That is a light arm which is OK, you can always add weight. I love ortofon cartridges particularly the Windfeld Ti. But, in this case I would prefer the Clearaudio Concerto. It is more compliant and very detailed. It tracks almost as well as the Windfeld but is a shade more dynamic. I think it is a better match for that arm.

Mike
Don’t worry, an SME 30 is almost plug and play. The table looks complicated, but really isn’t. If your 30 has a V arm just setup as described and it’s actually pretty easy. There aren’t the cart issues that other arms have as the head is not slotted, nor does it have rotational adjustment. There is a little bit of side to side, but it is very slight. Setting up the rest is pretty straight forward. Get a good force scale gauge as well. Have fun with it, it’s a great setup.
Assuming you will be running an Sme IV or V arm, if you have the arm templates setup is easy and will get you 95% of the optimal performance from the cartridge assuming everything on the cart is true.
Lyra kleos is a perfect match fur those arms.
Sumiko cart designed for this table. I use the palo santos pres. and it is excellent