Casters to replace spikes

So I'm sure this will get a lot of challenge and flak, so please helpful comments only!

Long story short my focus has changed from home theater to two channel back to home theater.  Recently got a projector and in the midst of getting a screen (have a white sheet hanging as temporary) . On a whim I moved my Revel studio 2s and Voice 2 behind the sheet which improved the movie experience 1000%. However I had to push the speakers back against a wall, which is not ideal for two channel listening. I'm planning to purchase an electric screen so on occasion I'd like to be able to pull the speakers out from the wall with little effort when the screen is rolled up. Right now they are on the factory spikes sitting on Herbie's discs, so they can slide on the carpet with some effort. However, every time I've seen Wilson speakers in show rooms, they always seem to be on casters which made me wonder if that's a normal type of arrangement or at least a good enough arrangement.  my system is decent but my room needs lots of treatment so I'm taking an 80/20 approach here.  

Has anyone done this/ can recommend any type of solution for being able to move the front speakers with ease?  Thanks!
esthlos13
For WAF, I renoved the spikes on my speaker stands and put on some rubber wheeled casters that I purchased off of Amazon. I researched a fair bit, but ultimately chose those with the correct thread pitch and locking wheels. I ordered a couple different styles and tried them out, then sent back the set I decided against. My flooring is LVP atop concrete slab. I could discern NO difference between spikes and casters. The time to go back and forth means that any difference I might hear would be experimentally questionable. Additionally, the room is such that any first order reflections arrive late enough at my listening position to avoid any smearing or aural confusion. 

I love the convenience of the wheels. The only issue for me is that there is a slight fall to the floor. As the casters have double locking nuts, I moved the speakers to their ideal location, the adjusted height for level based on that position. 
What I have learned in several disciplines is that theory and reality often disagree. Theory may or may not accurately depict the state of things in an ideal realm, but it is often quite irrelevant in our experiential realm. In my room, where the rear and side walls are substantially distant from the listening position, there was no negative change to sound quality. The ability to easily adjust speaker position also meant that I spent more time dialing in sound because I wasn’t wrestling with the speakers (Tip: figure out where those spots are and have an easy way to return speakers there as needed). 
Check out Mockett  CA39PB-90. 65 lb. capacity x 4 = 260 lbs., low profile of only 2 5/32" height. The lower the profile, the more stable it will be. This is a tall package with a narrow footprint, not ideal for casters but if you keep them small in height and install them as close to the outside corners as possible, it might be OK with careful handling. I usually do not consider casters on anything under 18" wide, especially if the object is tall and heavy.
http://https//www.mockett.com/ca39pb-90.html
esthlos13:

I have a pair of Wilson Audio Alexia and I had them on the casters for quite a while, ever since the Dealer dropped them off and set them up, and the left them on the casters. Later on I conjured up the courage to put them on the Wilson's spikes that the speakers came with. In so doing I noticed that the bass was missing and at that point I went and got two JL Fathom subwoofers to enhance the bass. They did such a fine job that I got complaints, These subs are quite powerful. What I did next is to eliminate the subs and got Isoacoustics Gia Titan speaker isolators for the Wilson Alexia. I had some issues with the screws and lugs at first because I got the wrong ones. I waited a few weeks before I got everything in order. And I must tell you that it was worth the wait. I waited almost 4 weeks before I made any public comments about the results I was getting from my listening sessions after I installed the Gias. It was unbelievable, I didn't expect such a difference. The bass was punching, soundstage was wide and focused; everything sounded just like I wanted it to sound from the beginning. I waited 4 weeks, just listening to the system every day to see if anything would change. In the past I got expensive interconnects and the system sounded great but after a few days it wore off and I could not recover the initial experience. So after installing the Gia Titans, I waited just to make sure that what I was hearing is really what I heard from the the start.

So my advise it to take your speakers off the spikes and get some speaker isolation feet instead. At least try it, because everyone's setup, hearing, etc. is different.
@almandog I sounds like moving from casters to spikes was a downgrade in your experience. Then moving to isolation feet had the effect of returning to the caster-sound plus some? Or did the Gaia's just get you back to were you started?

It's my experience that using isolation feet is a giant improvement vs resting the speaker directly on the ground. I use Herbies Gliders now, but Gaia's were my other option. I haven't tried the Gaia's yet.