Cassette tape

I’m slowly but surely getting back into the analog thing via TT and Reel to Reel. We can all pretty much agree vinyl is different. Some people love it, some say it’s ok, some hate it and I say I like it because it’s differemt than digital. R2R is pretty awesome as well. In my opinion, it’s different and I like what I hear. But, what’s the thought on cassettes. Is there any usefulness? Think it'll make a comeback as well? Just curious. I have a chance at fantastic deal on a Nakamichi BX-300 deck. I owned one many years ago and besides the next level Dragon, this thing was pretty sweet. I like to get input from the forum and other thoughts before I indulge. 
128x128luvrockin
A friend of mine collects older Sansui gear and bought a cassette deck recently.  He asked me to record some of my lp's to his new Maxell XLII 90 tapes, and I just recorded one yesterday.  Brought back memories of '76 when I was recording tapes in Naples Italy while in the service.  Surprising how good they sound.  As others have stated, no Dolby.
Luvrockin
It becomes addictive!
I had a 582 that I had been heavily using and decided with all my tapes I needed to buy another deck so purchased a 660zx.
Well literally 2 days later I was offered a zx7 at a price I could not refuse so bought that as well.
Now 3 might be greedy so I sold the 582, put the 660zx in the closet and enjoying the glorious music the zx7 is making!
@uberwaltz, yes it does and that is the craziness of goofy hobby. I don’t even have a playable deck yet but I’ve purchased over a hundred blank cassettes to be recorded on lol! I plan to be busy for a while when I do 👍🏿  

Its interesting, I’ve always been a Dolby guy, especially Dolby C. I guess it makes sense if the recording levels are up high enough, you shouldn't hear the noise. I’m going to play more than ever when I finally get a working deck in possession :o
Thrilled! Got the call today that my restored and upgraded BX-300 is in final stages of testing and will be ready for pick up Friday. Can’t wait to get it back and next will be my 682-ZX. I’ll give update once back in hands and after testing it out.
I used make tapes ack in the 80s on TDK SA90 CrO2 from my LP12 with no Dolby and play them on a silver Pioneer deck in the car. No CD or MP3 I have now has sounded as good.