Cary CD 306 SACD Burn-in time & Power Cable's

Greetings from a New Cary CD 306 SACD Owner,

I've been running discs for about 3 weeks on the CD side of things almost non stop about 400hrs or close to it & the SACD CD side for about 100 + hrs or so.

This player is a new/demo with approx 100 hrs on it in the store, so add that to what I've put on it, do any of you who own this player think I'm getting to the point where I can just relax & stop the process now.
As my old replaced player was a close to 20yr old Sony ESD 605 CDP with a MSB Link DAC as a previous reference in my system the Cary sounded awesome right outta the store/box, but unsure around what point in time will it be close to optimal.

Also, what power cord would you suggest, I am currently using an Audience AU (24) PC and previously was using the Shunyata PowerSnake Diamondback but thought the AU pc better. Any thoughts/suggestions.

Thx in advance.

Regards ... T/CC
charandacafe

Showing 2 responses by brm1

When I had my Cary I used a Shunyata Python and then went to a Transparent Super pc and then to a Transparent reference. Each move was a step up in performance. The Transparent pc's added a much blacker background and more micro detail.
LOL.
Mike
Charandacafe,

There's nothing wrong with your pc, I have one of those also and like it. Watch the used market for the Transparent pc's, sometimes there are good deals. I would not go any lower than a Transparent Musiclink Plus pc or it will not be any better what you have, I am not even sure a plus will be better, just different.
Mike