Cary Cd 303t SACD and SLP-98p Paired?

I am kind of wondering has any body had trouble paring the cary cd 303T SACD Pro cd player with preamps such as the SLP-98p. I am currently changing my amp the SLI80 to a cary 120s and SLP-98p. I have my 120s not MK2 to my dads old Luxman preamp. So looking to get a SLP-98Phono for a preamp.

Compared to my dads old Teac the CARY 303t sounds a lot louder and can only crank it half the way up to the same volume setting as the teac and all other sources before my speakers start to pop.

-So dose the cary cd player have a lot more gain compared to other cd players? Witch would affect how loud it can be played on the volume knob.
-Also has any one ran the CD303t SACD pro with a cary SLP-98p and where there too much gain issues?

By the way my preamp that I am using at the moment is an old solid state Luxman C-383 Stereo Preamp.
128x128jakecanada
If you have a CAD120's the SLP98P is an excellent pre. It has more than enough gain, so you don't have to upgrade to the MKII. The CD player should be no problem. good luck.