Cary CAD-572SE MK2

I have Vienna Acoustic Beethoven Grands, with a BAT VK-31SE pre. I am in the process of purchasing this Cary SET amp. Am I going to have a problem with synergy? I have never owned a tubed power amp, just pre-amps. It will be replacing a BAT VK-200, so it seems like it's going to be a huge drop in power. I called Cary today to check on whether or not this amp would drive my speakers and in the middle of the conversation, I realized I was talking to Dennis Had(DAMN!) Anyway Dennis said that it would drive my speakers with ease.
I guess I just want some reinforcement from other Gon'ers that, I am not screwing up too much.
jdodmead

Showing 1 response by avguygeorge

I guess what edie was trying to say is Dennis may not be a master at component matching--to say the least.---Ok, that's just a guess.--Never owned the amp; never owned the speakers.----But I can see by what info you're getting from the members,makes my first sentence seem like it could be true.-- I have lost a few bucks mixing the wrong amp with the incorrect speaker. You might see if there is a linc to a review and that should give you a third opinion.---somebody has to break the tie.
More to discover