Cary cad 120s bias meters ?

Hey everyone I have finally picked up my new cary SLP 98p for my cad 120s and all I can say is wow what an amazing preamp. I Only need to crank it a quarter of the way up to fill the room. Though should a guy be worried of wrecking his bias meters on the cad 120s or the amp since they start paging past the bias meter limit only at the 10o'clock position on the slp98p in cd mode?
I do have a cary 303t SACD player which packs a lot of output gain to the preamp. Or should a guy turn down the input volume on left and right Chanel's which dose not really make much of a difference I think?
128x128jakecanada

Showing 2 responses by brf

Use the left and right line levels to give your master control volume knob a usable range. The way you have it set up now you run the risk of over driving your amp which could cause speaker damage.
This is how Cary told me how to set your volume control sensitivity. Turm the left and right level controls counter clockwise to the null position. Set the master control knob to the 12:00 position. Play some music and slowly turn both the right and left level controls until the sound reaches your average in-room listening level. Using this method will give you a usable master volume control range which will give you the ability to make micro volume adjustments.