Cary 306SACD trouble

When I attempt to open the CD tray after playing a CD on my Cary 306SACD it makes a grinding noise and will not open. After several attempts it finally did open and thinking it may have been a warped CD, I tried another one. Same thing happened. Anyone had this experience? How do I fix it?
markus1299
I suggest that you remove the top cover and take a good look at the rack and pinion gears that move the door, usually made of white Nylon.
They may need lubrication; use white lithium grease only, any other oil or grease will "eat" the nylon gears.
Or there may be be a few teeth missing, a common failure when a CD gets stuck. The gears are usually available as spare parts.
Also make sure that the magnetic clamp on top of the CD gets disengaged when the door starts opening. It is lifted by a lever and cam mechanism.
Good luck!
Manually pull the tray out(while open), and then re-insert it. Also, call Dennis with the serial #. There were tracking issues with earlier models. He'll take care of you.
I had a lot of trouble with the drawer on my Cary 306 SACD as have many Cary owners. The discs started to load improperly. Sometimes the diacs would load and not play. Sometimes the disc drawer would not close because the disc would get caught and sometimes the disc would go in and not come out!
Even though the drawer would open and close. I still have pictures of this if anyone wants a copy.

I bought my Cary new from a dealer on Audiogon for a good price that scammed me into thinking it was the latest version and even offered a 90 day warranty through some arrangement he had with Cary.

I sent it to Cary for repair, they said it needed just an allignment, supposadly Cary charged the seller $250 for the repairs, it worked ok for about 4 months.
Cary only warranties the repairs for 3 months.

Problem occurred again and again back to Cary for a repair cost of now $400.
However, this time they upgraded the servo board, that seems to have fixed the problem and it plays all discs now perfectly.

It seems that Cary was aware of the drawer problems and the later 306 SACD models had the problem fixed with the updated servo board.

My "new" Cary was an Old version Cary.

Why Cary didn’t fix it properly the first time still pisses me off. Especially since they charged so much to fix it the second time and not giving any consideration to the fact that it was repaired just 4 months ago.
I have my suspicions...

Any way, make sure you have the servo board upgraded.
Manually pull the tray out(while open), and then re-insert it. Also, call Dennis with the serial #. There were tracking issues with earlier models. He'll take care of you.