Cary 306 SACD

Hi,
Has anyone heard this latest cd player from Cary yet? How does it compare to the 303/300? Thanks
nickt

Showing 2 responses by advent11

Oldvinyl - If I recall correctly, you wrote some glowing reviews of the 303/300 on AA some months back. You say that the new 306 SACD is in another league compared to that player. Could you provide some more direct comparisons between the two when it comes to redbook playback?

I have both the 303/200 and 303/300 and am giving some thought to the 306 SACD, though I dislike the idea of joining the "newest player of the month" club. I enjoy the flexibility of the 303/300 output and could live with this player for some time to come, however... I always like to leave the door open for something special.

Also, could you give us some details of the system that your 306 SACD drives?
Robm321 - All my software is redbook and I really can't see myself replacing hundreds of my favorite CDs with SACD - even if they were available in that format, which many are not. The quality of the redbook playback is what I'm interested in with the 306 and for me, the SACD is just an added feature that I may or may not use.