Cary 306/200 or Electrocopaniet EMC-1??

I have seen a lot written here and at the Asylum about how wonderful these two players are and I would imagine anyone with either of them will be very happy. However, I haven't seen much direct comparisons of the EMC-1 and 306/200 (usually the EMC is compared to the 303)and since these both have upsampling up to 192 and are very similar in spec and price (within 1,000.00 list and I hear the 306 can go for less) I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on how these two units would compare to each other in an otherwise neutral system. I would guess that they are quite similar (warm, analogue sound).
128x128hifimatt

Showing 1 response by tweekerman

I've heard neither, but go to audioreview.com and there you'll see 33 beautiful praises of the EMC1(and i think those are about the MK1 check the dates) Not even 1 bad comment. The 303 owners comments are no where near the owners of the EMC1. But i don't know you may want to look into the new 64 bit tech. such as Kora Hermes. I've heard the Cary 303/200 and think you can do better elsewhere.