Cary 300B SET Mono's ?

Hi,

Recently i treaded onto the singledriver/horn/300B SET territory as an experiment & got hooked.I have a very basic 300B amp. from Cary susbsidiary, Audio Electronic Supply.
( Model AES SE-1 Signature.)

Now i am ready to upgrade to a better built 300B amplifier/s but have a hard time imagining how much better it could get.

I have seen many pepole happy with their simple DIY or assembled 300B kits. Yes i have read in many places that better transformers, parts etc would make a difference.
But I have no way of auditioning any 300B amps .

The Cary 300SE mono's costs nearly 3 times the price of an AES & they will certainly NOT sound 3 times as better, So i will appreciate very much if some experienced hands can shed some light on this .

So my qestion to you is, IF i upgrade to the Cary 300SE mono's HOW MUCH BETTER CAN IT GET ??? Should i stick with my AES or would it be a meaningful upgrade.

( rest of my sys. for ref : Mauhorn 4 / Linn CDP / Supratek Chardonnay / Cardas cables)

Thanks ,
dilly

Showing 1 response by soundsgr8tome

Dilly,
I agree with Twl's suggestion and to add to it, I suggest you also check out the Wavac MD300b. And you can use it without a seperate pre-amp, eliminating the extra set of interconnects.
Good luck!