Cary 120s...anyone heard this amp

Hi All,

I was curious if any of you have heard the new Cary 120s amplifier. If you have heard it what do you think?

Thanks!
diamonds

Showing 2 responses by polk432

I traded my beloved Cary V12R in on a new Cary CAD 120S and hear a major difference in sound quality. It is hooked up to a Cary SLP98P with all Linn sources. I've had amps that cost lots more and have heard amps costing 20-50 times the price and they are all hype, even though they sound good. This amp runs a lot cooler than the V12R did. Get one if you can, you'll love it. I haven't worked in 27 months or I'd have bought another and left it in the box for the future.
Unfortunately not enough people know about Cary and how good they really are. They blow away amps costing 10-20 times more, but who would admit it if they spent that kind of money on something? I love the one I have, and would not take less than 4750 for it. People need money for things right now, and there will be a lot of things sold cheaper in the not too distant future. As I stated before, I haven't worked in 27 months, or I'd buy another just to have it. I just don't want to sell my gold right now. Guess it's time to look for a job.