Carver, THE standard of excellence IMO

I have read many discussions on these forums and others about many people having difficulty getting hold of or information from the manufacturers or dealers about problems with their gear.  Some wait weeks,months or forever for a response.Yesterday (Sunday) I thought I was having a small problem with my Carver Crimson 350 amps and I did some tests described in the manual to check the KT120 tubes.  I was getting some strange meter readings and couldn't understand why.  So I went to the Carver site and wrote a detailed email at that site, expecting to hear back sometime this week.  At the time I did not know it went straight to the president and co-owner Frank Malilz, but it does. Frank marked it "very important" and forwarded to Bob Carver who at 9:15 pm (my time) sent me a detailed answer that solved my problems.  Are you kidding me!!!! straight to the pres and then to the designer (we all know who is a legend) and back to me within 6 hrs ON A SUNDAY!  To paraphrase a truck commercial....Carver doesn't raise the bar, it sets it.

I know not everyone can afford a set of $9500 monos but I am sure the service would be the same on Carver's new 275s at less than $2800.  I have heard the 275s at Axpona and they are voiced extremely close to the 350s just not as much power.  For most set ups they would be magnificent.  Who else gives the amp AND tubes a TRANSFERABLE 5 yr warranty?  Both the 350 and 275 play for hrs and never get hot.  Handmade in the USA and signed by the legend himself.  If you are looking for a tube amp in this category that plays far far above it's price you owe it to yourself to check out the 275 (or the 350s if you can go that way financially, 10 yr warranty on everything, if you talk to Bob he would probably give you a 50 yr warranty on amp AND tubes, I am not kidding in the least.)  I have no interest in any way with Bob Carver Corp other than a love of it's products and service.  I've posted some here before so you know I'm not a shill. I just wanted to educate some on this forum about my experience, about a great product and outstanding service from the people who make that product.  I believe they really care about audio and their customers.
DrMark  (Doc from MI on some Carver sites)
drkingfish
Bob Carver is a great guy. Though I haven't talked to him in years I do remember quite a bit from our long chats on the phone. He's not only a great guy, he's a complete wild man. I remember him coming across a Holy Grail type of component one time, the rare unit that's so good that it's impossible. You look forever and never find those.

The first thing he did after finding that unit was to tear it apart in order to improve it.

Yes, that's crazy but no, it's not crazy. He does have the approach of an engineer but he also likes to have fun with this. One of the true gems in  HiFi.

Hi Bob!

Lance Cochrane
This is the problem with people posting BS they read w/zero first hand experience!!!

Have loved, and owned, Phase Linear products ever since I auditioned large Infinities being driven by PL amps.
1978 in Germany.

Stil have PL 700's bi-amping Infinity Kappa 9's.

Bob Carver's THE MAN.

Carry on...

My only experience with Carver was when I was looking at the Amazing loudspeaker in the 80's. The holographic preamp was in use as they bragged on how good it sounded. It sounded awful to my son and I. I always believed it was operator error in the setup because no MFG would produce such a horror. We shook our heads as we headed to the car. That said, the Crimson 275 looks quite interesting.
artemus_5 ................" I always believed it was operator error in the setup"  You are absolutely correct , some novice, proby, guy hanging around , etc. had it totally incorrect.  I power my silvers w/ Bob's 350s w/ a 10 Octave LP1 w/ a C9 in the loop for serious listening.  There is no way I would add the C9 If it didn't contribute to the sound.  Take a good look at the 275s.
Geeqner .........:) :)  all is good!
Best
Doc from MI
@drkingfish (LOVE the name--terrific writing and acting that is no longer appreciated by the "woke" amongst us...)

Uh, Phase Linear 700 caught fire the day I sold it from my shop.  New owner was having a big party and turned it up pretty loud for a long time.  POOF!

Every PL 400 and 700 back then blew up pretty easily...only one fire that I know of.  Nice amps, but a bit testy to use.  As for he new ones, I have no idea.

Cheers!