Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy

Ozzy, I have heard the Carver ALS twice, and they are... well, amazing. They create a realistically-sized and enveloping soundstage, and image precisely within that environment.

I understand that comment about image height.  If you sit way too close to them, the image does travel upward.  (It's a bit of a no-brainer that you can't sit 3' away from a 7' tall line source and get a coherent image.)

That being said, you SHOULD hear them yourself

Full disclaimer:  I've known Frank Malitz for years.  (He helped me assemble my first high-end system. Thanks, Frank!)  I've also recently become acquainted with Bob Carver (who is warm & wonderful... and a genius!). 

But, Ozzy, if I didn't love what I heard, I'd just keep quiet.  The ALS is special!

These really did sound great at AXPONA. I enjoyed the listening session there. My only concern would be long term service. I have a pair of the old Carver Amazing Loudspeakers (which I really love) in my second system, and there is no factory/Carver-authorized service available for them any more. At least as of the last time I corresponded with Bob Carver, about a year ago.
contuzzi, aalinik,  arsh,

Thank you all for the comments. 
I would be sitting about 9 feet away, however, I could go back 3 feet more if necessary.

By the way, I did find a gent on eBay that reconditions the older Carver speakers.

ozzy
Correction: I will be sitting 12 feet away and could extend that 3 feet more if necessary.

ozzy