Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy
They are exactly what Bob promises them to be... AMAZING! I was at his home in Snohomish as these speakers were being designed, and got to hear the prototypes on my custom Carver Monoblocks. The sound was jaw dropping. 

There is a shop in Los Angeles that has a pair for demo. I was there when Bob came down to demo them, and everyone I talked to after the demo was as blown away as I was. I believe several pairs were sold that day.

And to top it all off, Bob is an absolute gentleman, and a man of integrity. Buy with confidence.
I heard them at the Chester Group Audio Show in NYC in November, 2016.  I was extremely impressed.  It was hard to find fault with them, although the demo was in a large room with a very high cieling.  I remember thinking that they would never fit in my room which has a very low cieling.  If you have some room for them to breath, I think they are worth a shot.  I can't tell you what you would hear if you listen to them, but I know I was really taken with them.  Very relaxed yet detailed sound, holographic soundstage, excellent transients with no glare or stridency.
chililine, nooshinjohn,  bondmanp,

Thank you for your comments. I did see one negative thread on another Forum saying that the Carvers image was at/near the ceiling. That's hard to believe, can anyone comment as to image height?

ozzy

Ozzy, I have heard the Carver ALS twice, and they are... well, amazing. They create a realistically-sized and enveloping soundstage, and image precisely within that environment.

I understand that comment about image height.  If you sit way too close to them, the image does travel upward.  (It's a bit of a no-brainer that you can't sit 3' away from a 7' tall line source and get a coherent image.)

That being said, you SHOULD hear them yourself

Full disclaimer:  I've known Frank Malitz for years.  (He helped me assemble my first high-end system. Thanks, Frank!)  I've also recently become acquainted with Bob Carver (who is warm & wonderful... and a genius!). 

But, Ozzy, if I didn't love what I heard, I'd just keep quiet.  The ALS is special!