Carver 275 Crimson tube amp --- any feedback appreciated

I have a Platinum modified McCormack DNA .05 and a Pass Labs First Watt F5 with which I drive my Spatial Audio Hologram M4 Triode Master speakers.  I have sworn off tube amps in the past, but I am intrigued with this new amp from Bob Carver.  Wally Underwood as well as Jimclarkstereo in Illinois are now selling them for about $2500.  I have never doubted Bob Carver's audio engineering genius.  I would be keen to get a 75 wpc tube amp and the price seems very reasonable compared to similarly-powered tube amps.    

I would be interested to hear what you lads think of this new amp.  Thanks for any input you can provide.  
whitestix

Showing 1 response by pwhinson

A friend whose judgment I trust has recommended a pair of the 350s for my Magnepan 20.7s and I'm very tempted but I do wish there was something between the price level of the 275 stereo and 350 monos.  It would be great if the 275 stereo could be converted to a monoblock for example.  I just don't think the 350 monos are in the cards dollar wise for me.  I may at some point seek out a used pair.