Cartridge recommendations

Need a need a new Cartridge for my Marantz Tt150. Want a good cartridge without breaking the bank. 300-500 range. Someone recommend ortofon 2m Blue.am I making a mistake not spending more? Seems you can go crazy with cartridge costs.I have a Prima Luna primium hp, a pro ject ds tube phono stage and a pair of Focal Electra 1028 Be. Appreciate your input.
128x128tastypeter
madavid, No, some people (myself included) have had great results with older MM's. 
Agree. I have an Acutex 420 STR that I had re-tipped with a Shibata stylus. On the right arm, (ET 2.5, in my case) I could live with it forever.

OP, where/how did that moniker originate?
But hold on here. Isn't the traditional wisdom that lower-mass generators, the better? MCs are best because they have the lowest mass signal generators. Why is it there isn't a single MM in the high end market?

With my first turntable it had a decent MM. I upgraded to AT-OC9L/II and it blew the MM's socks off. The AT isn't even a very expensive cartridge, you can easily find it for less than $500 new.
One experience doesn’t equal the vast amount of possibilities that await us.

@madavid0 ,,, you need to experience things for yourself, instead of relying on conventional wisdom before making a blanket statement.
madavid,
Check out raul's very large MM thread. There is a lot of information their on MM's that produce exceptional sound quality. That certainly doesn't mean MC's don't (the most certainly do), but that there are viable options.