Cartridge recommendation please...

Jettisoned most of my record albums 20 years ago, but am considering a return to vinyl. I've dusted off my old but fully operational TT and would like to mount a new MM cartridge.

Equipment
Technics SL-1300 Direct Drive turntable
The TT would be mated to a Parasound 200 Pre, with a Parasound 2125v2 amp.
Speakers are PSB Silver i's, with an occasional switch to Vandersteen 1's for variety.
No current plan to add a separate phono preamp.

Sound
Jazz, classic soul/r&b, light rock is my preferred type of music.
I'm OK to trade some bass for better vocals and higher end clarity.
As my A'gon name suggests, I do not listen at elevated levels.

Technical/misc.
The SL-1300 currently has an equally old AudioTechnica cartridge (no obvious markings).
I'd like to target a cartridge in the $300 neighborhood.
Will get an additional headshell for whatever cartridge is purchased.
Any cautions for install, or brands to exclude?
If I've done it correctly, here's a link to the TT owners' manual.
https://usermanual.wiki/Document/technicssl1300OwnersManual.3287426015

I can certainly get recommendations from local retailers, though their choices would be for cartridge brands that they carry. My preference is to use the experience of... and hear from... the wider audience reading this post. Thanks much!
60decibels
This is a false statement:

A Grado MI (moving-iron) is an easy recommendation! The advantage over MM-types is immunity from cable and input stage capacitance. 

MI is identical to MM carts in every respect. Only difference is that MI uses a VIRTUAL MAGNET instead of an actual magnet on the cantilever. So all capacitive and resistive loading still has the same effects on an MI cart as for every MM cartridge.

Grado gets no “pass” for these effects. Hardly “immune” from cable and input capacitance!

My second turntable is a Technics SL1200 MKII and I found a good match in your price range to be the Ortofon 2M Bronze. It has a nude fine line stylus. It digs out more music from the groove than the lower priced 2M blue which has an elliptical stylus and the 2M red with a conical stylus.
+ Nagaoka MP110 or MP200

I also have a 2nd setup utilizing a Technics SL1200 M2 w/Nagaoka  MP200. Great match !
The Sumiko Moonstone would be another great choice. It has received great reviews from numerous publications. Also the Shure m97xe if you can get your hand on one, as they are selling at 3 times the original price, sometimes brand new on ebay. Lastly, I’ve read good things about the Shelter 201 mm cartridge, but it is not easy to locate unless you buy it from a seller in say the UK for instance. You could go the high output MC route as well. My pics would be the sumiko blue point no 2, or a goldring Eroica H. I have experience with both, and they are great sounding high output MC cartridges.