Cartridge Opinions - Sorry

Yeah, another dumb "what's your opinion on these cartridges" thread. Back in the late 80's we had dealers where you could listen to the stuff.

So anyhow I have a Linn LP12 with Ittok arm and a 30 year old Audioquest B200L cartridge. I'm running it through the phono stage of a Jeff Rowland Coherence One into a Spectral DMA90 through a set of Kef R300's.

I prefer a little more laid back sound (err on the side of forgiving instead of fatiguing) but I like a lot of upper end detail, precise soundstaging, air, etc.

So far I'm considering an Ortofon Quintet S Black, Hana SL or a Benz wood - something at or below the $1k level.

I'd love to hear any opinions, suggestions, and experiences with those cartridges or others in the price range. I could possibly go higher if there is something out there that really shines for less than $1,500.

Thanks.

klooker
Dear Raul, My point is that questions about ''all carts'' make no
sense. This in contradistinction with particular cartridges. You
own the most carts among us while your capability is to judge
their quality. We all profited from your contributions about 
specific carts. I bought all MM carts which you recommeded 
despite the fact that I prefer MC carts. So, to use you own argument,
we can learn from your knowledge about specific carts. However
this does not apply for your many disputes. 

Dear chakster, your skeptical attitude against retips is curious.
First thing is the fact that no manufacturer use their own cantilevers
and styli. Those are produced by big Japanese jewel companies. 
The same apply for repair services. That is to say that retipers
use the same cantiler/styli combos. This part is then glued in the
so called ''joint pipe''. The aluminum part in which cantilever is
glued on which coils are fastened and in which tension wire is
fastened. Together those are moving parts by which one try 
to reduce the moving mass.  Preferably by reducing the coil
wire. To glue the cantilever/stylus combo in the joint pipe is
not ''rocket science''. Why should whatever manufacturer do this
better than an experienced retipper? 

There are a great sounding cartridges mentioned in the thread, but the price/performance of the Hana line is tough to beat.  That’s why they sell so many of them while garnishing many positive reviews.  The Hana assembly line is shared by far more expensive cartridges - seasoned experience and expertise.  
The idea behind the Hana is to use the knowledge/experience of well seasoned high-end cartridge engineers, coupled with quality ready available parts to keep costs down.  This recipe has been a huge success.
You can end all the threads mentioning 4 cartridges:

Denon 103 (MC)
Hana (MC)
Nagaoka (MM)
Audio-Technica (MM)

All of them are relatively cheap, affordable, not all of them are universal for all tonearms: Denon has the lowest compliance of them all and was designd in the ’60s, Nagaoka has pretty low compliance for MM, Audio-Technica are mid compliance MM. Hana is just one of the cartridges Excel Sound made, they have been making cartridges since the ’70s for many other manufacturers, but it wasn’s something special. Well what do you expect from a $400 cartridges?

The world of great inexpensive cartridges consist of so many different models from too many different manufacturers, but the knowledge and personal experience with different cartridges is so limited that we have always discuss the same models again and again.

It’s too bad. I wish people could inform each other about new discoveries, not just mainstream models from any online recordshop based on receit review chart.