Cartridge Loading- Low output M/C

I have a Plinius Koru- Here are ADJUSTABLE LOADS-
47k ohms, 22k ohms, 1k ohms, 470 ohms, 220 ohms, 100 ohms, 47 ohms, 22 ohms

I'm about to buy an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze that recommends loading at 50-200 ohms

Will 47 ohms work? Or should I start out at 100 ohms?

I'm obviously not well versed in this...and would love all the help I can get.

Also is there any advantage to buying a phono cartridge that loads exactly where the manufacturer recommends?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
krelldog
Raul.
Your pointless sarcasm does not go unheeded
Enjoy the music indeed......
Atmasphere- My phono stage is a Plinius...not Krell. My AudioGon name is krelldog..thus the confusion.

BTW- My phono cable is a VPI phono cable. I'll try and post a link with the specs.
Rauliruegas 5-22-2018
@almarg
, I read in the past that from J.Carr. Now, please tell me if you have first hand experiences where you can attest it.
Attest to what?

I don’t see any inconsistency between what I said, what Mr. Carr’s post that I quoted said, and what you quoted from the Lyra website.

The point, generally speaking, is that minimizing the capacitive load seen by an LOMC cartridge is likely to result in optimal resistive loading being lighter than the resistive load that would be optimal if the capacitive load is higher. And in turn the lighter resistive load is likely to be sonically beneficial.

That makes sense based on theoretical analysis that can be performed, and is backed up by statements by Mr. Carr and by Ralph (Atmasphere), who collectively probably have more relevant expertise than the rest of us put together. And for that matter it is consistent with suggestions provided by Keith Herron for his VTPH-2 phono stage, which I use. From its manual:
We highly recommend trying the VTPH-2 in the no load configuration as the unit is supplied for many moving coil cartridges. 47,000 (47K) ohm RCA load plugs are supplied with the unit for optional use. Additional user specified loading plugs can also be purchased with the unit.
The input resistance of the VTPH-2 is nearly infinite when no loading plug is used, yet Mr. Herron suggests trying that configuration when his phono stage is used with "many moving coil cartridges." And that is how I use mine with my Audio Technica AT-ART9 cartridge, after having also tried 1K and 47K. Audio Technica’s load recommendation for the ART9 is "100 ohms minimum."

And contrary to what you seem to be implying, none of this is in any way inconsistent with a recommendation to "determine by listening." It is a general guideline which can provide a useful starting point, and in some cases what can turn out to be an ending point.

Regards,
-- Al
Will 47 ohms work? Or should I start out at 100 ohms?

You have to try it. There is no Standard (unfortunately). The result will be different from Manufacturer to Manufacturer. Phonstage A with 100ohm will not sound identical to Phonostage B with 100ohm...Depends on Design.