Cartridge for Thorens TD-160

I just bought a solid looking TD-160, my first foray in vinyl in about twenty years. It's all stock, including the arm. Anyone have any suggestions for good, reasonably priced cartridge? $2-400 range? Anyone ever use a Sumiko Blue Point Special on one of these things? Shure carts seems popular too. Thanks
grimace
audio technica 150, garrott bros k2 or k3, grado prestige gold, sumiko blue point 2
Post removed 
Post removed 
I agree with Viridian that a high compliance cartridge is the way to go with the TP-16 arm. I tried my Denon 103R and it wasn't very good, even after adding weight to the headshell. I've had both the Shure V15 and the M97, and for the extra money Tvad's cartridge will be noticeably better, with a new stylus of course, than even a new M97. I've not heard the JICO stylus, but it's supposed to be terrific.

Another option is one of the NOS Empires floating around that Raul raves about. Do a search and you can find out what the latest offerings are. They're all high compliance MM.

Great table. Good luck!

David
So I just can't win with this turntable deal. I've missed - I think - three TD-160s here on A-gone. I finally get one on e-bay, confirmed, paid for and ready to go. So what happens? I get an e-mail from the seller that while packing it to ship, he dropped it and destroyed it. He did give a very prompt refund, but good gravy!
Post removed 
Viridian is completely wrong on this one! The best gravy is my mother's roast beef gravy, over barely mashed potatos with a little pepper. If there's an audiophile gravy, it's my mother's.

:-)
Post removed 
See. You try to break bad habits - like too many four letter words - by using quaint phrases like 'good gravy' and the next thing you know you've started a 'so close, but no lumps' debate.

Still one of these %$^@#! days I'm gonna get my @%&#! turntable!
High output Blue point special is a good one. Many claim it's one of the best values in analog set-up. That is if you heat it up with the blue flame and use moms gravy on red skinned potaturds. Who on earth would use canned gravy ? Must be a, city folks trying to get it right.