Cartridge dilemma

Hi guys, i posted two weeks ago about the fact that my DV 10X5 stylus broke and i need to decide what i will do next.
so far i spoke to Peter Lederman at soundsmith and for retipping it will cost me $250 or $350 explaining some work beyond my understanding, i also was told by a dealer that iron cartridges did not work with PS audio phono what Peter today said it wasn't true.
I would like to hear from your experiences with soundsmith and DV cartridges what could the smartest move since i am don't have lots of cash to spend on graduate school, but certainly i would like to get the right one.

Peter suggested "The boheme" he also mention that when you buy from them you only pay 20% for repairs afterwards what seems like a long term investment.

Before i was considering:
DYNAVECTOR - 20X2-L
Dynavector 17D3 Phono Cartridge
Ortofon 2M Black Phono Cartridge

MY TT Rega P5 no upgrades.
PS Audio GCPH phono preamplifier

I will really appreciate any inputs related to my current dilemma, i am sure some of you had gone trough the same.

thank you always,
128x128mountainsong

Showing 1 response by vinylmad814

Well I have a 2M black and found it to be a very worthy cartridge. I currently am using a Virtuoso Wood cartridge and find it to be warmer with softer highs and deeper bass. I do find the 2M black a little on the harsh side. I am in the process of changing over to a MC. It just so happens I was looking at the 20X2 and the 17D3. I am leaning more towards the 17D3 over the 20X2 for the very reason Catastrofe mentions. I find by all accounts that the 17D3 would be the best for my system. A little harder to set up due to the cantilever being so short and almost hidden but well worth it from what I have read.