Cardas or Harmonic Technology

I'm pondering on whether to get Cardas Golden Reference interconnect or Harmonic Technology Pro-Silway Mk II. Since my area does not have both cables to audition, I wonder if any one has the chance to try and compare the two cables?

I have looked for used cable on Audiogon and found that the price difference between the two is hugh...may be around 2 times. Not sure if the sound improvement justify for the price tag of cardas. I heard a lot of good comments of Harmonic Tech and not sure if it is really as great as Cardas.

My current system consists of Plinius SA-250, Plinius CD-LAD. Going to upgrade my speakers to Eggleston Work Andra and CD player to Meridien 508.24.

Thanks.
patrick123

Showing 2 responses by lev335

I have also compared the two cables and found the harmonic tech to have a cleaner more natural sound than the cardas. You want a cable that wont add or tkae away from your system.(unless your system is bright) if it is bright then I would go with the cardas I found them to have a warm presentation. And the harmonics did a disappearing act in my system. The cardas is good but in my system I liked the harmonic techs. I use a levinson 335 a levinson 39 and martin logan ascents and all harmonic techs. P.S. I sold all my transparent music link ultras and bought the harmonics. I hope this was of help to you.
Thanks chstob. +2 for you also. Patrick123 if you dont have the budget for the magic cables dont even borrow them because nothing else you try for less money will perform the way they did. How could they? Theyre alot more exspensive. Good luck