Carbon fibre sleeve over existing cabling, incredible

Hi all, I’m a little new to the forum, but it’s facinating to hear the thoughts of others on the great issues and ideas. Just wanting to share my experience with buying some 3k carbon fibre tube, and using it as a cable shielding in my setup. I brought via Ebay some 1/2” 1” 1 ½” tubing (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Fabric-Sleeve-0-5-12mm-Diameter-3k-Aerospace-8-3oz-281gsm/1316... ), enough to sleeve my speaker cables, interconnects and power cables. I’d heard of CF bring used in aircraft to shield from EMF’s. I’ve no affiliation to the seller of hifi industry other than as consumer/user.
It was a little tricky to fit in general, basically I had to push it onto the cable from one end, pulling it on didn’t work as this word cause the CF to ’shrink’ and grab. The interconnects were easier with the 1”, but a similar install process. And the power cables were a doddle with the 1 ½”, although 1” works well when installed over IEC type plugs that are fairly common place. I wrapped insulation tape around the cut ends of the CF tube, being mindful that CF does conduct electricity, and to watch out for stay ends of CF.
I just sleeved everything and switched the gear back on. Woohoo and wow from top to bottom. Everything improved, a richer 3d sound, the music was sounding so much more intense, I was gob – smacked. Base with more timbre, mids with more life and energy, highs with greater clarity and presence. Farout..... track after track I was basking in immense additional clarity, heading sounds that had previously been in the grey area. I thought I had reasonable equipment, but now I enjoying it all anew.
So, just wondering who has experimented with CF sleeving and if some of you give it a go, just what you notice. I’ve added nothing new to the setup, and the improvement in quality is the most outstanding thing, beyond imagination. Maybe the secret is now out of the bag.
I’m so impressed that I’ve ordered more CF tubing for ethernet and usb cables I have, and enough to share with a friend or two. I’ve also ordered a sheet of CF matt to wrap my preamp with – allowing for sufficient cooling air flow. Crazy? Try it and tell me your thoughts.

Fiber or fibre.....
sdj888
helomess

Since you do not agree with what is being discussed in this thread, why do you keep posting infantile comments?

Hint - This is a rhetorical question.
This stuff is conductive. I assume you guys cover this stuff up with a layer of non conductive sleeving. I can’t image leaving it exposed on the exterior of the cables you treat.....
Correct grannyring, however I believe not making contact with the plug ends and using electricans tape or shrink wrap at the ends would work. I'd be interested in others thoughts on the topic.
The stuff is conductive? Of course it’s conductive! That’s why it’s effective. Hel-loo! You obviously have to make sure and seal the ends so as to to create some potential for a short as the little fibers a loose after cutting the sleeve or cloth. Lak is correct, use tape to seal the ends. It’s actually pretty obvious that you have to when you start using the stuff. I use bright yellow tape because it looks cool. 😬There is no reason to cover the carbon fiber sleeves with anything. Oh, also carbon fiber cloth sheets can be draped over the electronics chassis, too, in which case the carbon fiber cloth is grounded. Anyone not see that raise your hand. ✋
geoffkait
Your smart aleck, condescending tone is wearing thin.
Just respond to people in a reasonable, adult fashion.  Not like a 9-year old.