Capital Audio Fest 2016

Just got back.   Did not see a thread for this yet so here it is.  

For me  lots of very good sound this year.    The best as a whole I have heard.   Very few disappointments.   Some old favorites enjoyed once again and a few new finds.   Will report more when I get a chance to digest it all a bit.  

I'm of course very interested to hear about what others thought and may have discovered?

128x128mapman

Showing 1 response by timwarrior

The show was once again an interesting venue to sample great hardware and pickup on some nice music to test system capabilities. The vendors are some extremely nice folks. Of particular note - Matt Early (Now Listen Here), Marco (Audio Note) and Carl Marchisotto (Nola) were most hospitable and educational. I could have spent hours in each of their rooms listening to their most musical systems.
The rooms that impressed me the most were the ones that contained the following speakers: Larson speakers at $2k, the Audionote speakers at $4.5k, the Joseph Audio Perspectives at $7.7k and the NOLA at $33k. The KEF, Tidal and Alta rooms were underwhelming and left me thinking that speed and analytical are not long term attributes that I could live with at any price point.