Capacitance change in balanced connection?

Playing around today and switched my phono interconnects from rca to xlr. I have a VTI Scout and ordered an xlr  connection block a few months ago. To my surprise, the sound was veiled and lacked all energy. The rca cables that I took off was the Mogami 2549. The xlr cables were the Mogami 2534. I went with the 2534 due to the lower capacitance. What I didn’t realize is that the spec sheet provided separate values for balance and unbalanced connects.
My question is, does the capacitance increase with an xlr connection as demonstrated on the spec sheet from Mogami. This is the only reason I can determine the difference in sound since the 2534 jumps up 32pf/m going to balanced vs non balance. The 2549 doesn’t provide values for balanced so this is what’s confusing. http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/microphone/quad/

Am I missing something here and could someone provide insight.

128x128vette5451
I’m not sure why it’s higher for XLR. Effect of the shield on overall capacitance should be lower for "floating" (not GND related) outputs (like microphone or transformer). This should reduce overall capacitance. Geometries might be a little different, so perhaps this can affect capacitance (conductors closer). Wires in XLR cables are twisted and twisting increases capacitance slightly. Also, I remember similar effect with Benchmark DAC1 output. It had nothing to do with the cable itself but with internal gain setting. Output impedance at -10dB was 1600 ohm, and only 60 ohm for 0dB. I used it at 0dB position with narrow, uncomfortable volume pot adjustment, but sound was more "vivid".
I can’t figure it out either. I spent time trying to research but to be honest, much of the literature began to put me asleep. I did review several known Mogami cables to see if they listed separate values for balanced and unbalanced but the 2534 seems to be the outlier.

Maybe someone with electrical major background will chime in and put in layman terms.