Canary Audio

Looking for opinions and experiences regarding Canary Audio products.
They dont seem to get much mention or press. I assume they have a following in the overseas market.
emil
What Canary amp you are looking for?
I have been using their pre and power amp for years.
I have Reference Two power amp now.
The Reference Two is no comparison to the Reference One. More power, very good control base with weight (linked to Coincident Total Victory speaker). Soundstage is wide and deep and good separation. The Reference One was sweeter in the strings, Reference Two is analytical.
Samleung
Hi, can i ask you how long is 300B needed to retube, like after how many hours.
What is the big different between Ref. one and two, i think you are the best guy to answer. I am afraid it might not have enough power to play loud on my Hansen Emperor 87db, 6 ohms.
Chris
Chris,
I use Shuguang Psvance gold base tube and set bias at 5mv, the tubes has been quite stable. I have used these tubes for almost one year now and find it very stable. It all depends what brand you use. My friend has Reference One with EH tubes. He had replaced only one tube after 6 years and another one or two for another two years. I know EH tubes are very stable and reliable, sonically is not my prefer brand. I had used reissued Western Electric in the 90s, they are pricy and stable.

Know nothing about the Hansen speaker, so can't say any more.
With pure Class A at 80W, I am sure it can drive most speakers. Again it depends very much on the room size and type of music you listen.

I think the biggest improvement in Ref 2 lies on the power with ease of control at lower end. Better extension and lesser coloration than Ref 1. It is estimated at least 20% bigger and heavier that Ref 1. Some people love 300B sound because of the mid range magic, the finesse and delicacy in highs. You won't find its fullness in the mid in Ref 2, and still has the highs like Ref One.

Sam