Canare 4S11

I am taking delivery tomorrow of a 15 foot pair of Canare 4S11 cables which I will incorporate into my secondary system.  I do not expect much from them as I only paid $106.00 for the 15 foot pair with locking bananas on both ends from Ram Electronics.  I am putting these cables up against my Groneberg Quattro Reference cables that go for $25.00 a foot plus termination.  I am hoping for the best but am not expecting too much.  We shall see.  I will report on what I hear after the 200hr break in as that is what I am being told it takes to break them in.
128x128stereo5

Showing 2 responses by adg101

Canare does nothing wrong. Very good cable for the money. I find it has a nice, maybe a little warmish presentation. Maybe doesn’t have the extended top end of better cables but it gets the job done nicely. I think once you get some hours on your new cables you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Definitely let us know what you think.
Good to hear. You might be surprised how good the Canare Digital coax cable is with their own True 75 ohm RCA plugs or BNC if you equipment has that’s even better. Had one probably twenty years ago, well maybe not that many years ago but close I bet. No idea where it is but I just might have to pick one up again. I recall it was a very smooth cable but that was many years ago on old digital equipment so I might have to see how it fares against my Nordost Silver Shadow that probably cost 5-10x the price.