Can you put a Krell in an apartment?

As you see I am a total "goner" living in a cheap apartment with about 50 grand in Audiophile equipment. I am looking at purchasing an old krell "FPB 400 CX" amp that the manufacturer says needs a dedicated 20 amp line. Can you still run this amp off a regular electrical outlet? If you can, will it sound like crap? 
jeffvegas
I really like the dynamics and rock solid deep bass of these amps. Could the be a little smoother? Sure, but I like them. Remember this is a D’AGOSTINO design and still a respected product. Buy one of his current amps and see what that will set you back. Lol!  Enjoy!
I have an old KSA 50.  I don’t use it all the time, but love it nonetheless even thought it is bass heavy.
Krells have a soft start so I don’t think you’ll have a problem unless you’re trying to make your ears bleed.  =)

In my house (old four square) and 20x25x10 living room, my KSA-50 gives off some serious heat.  But then, who cares.  The sound is amazing..

Enjoy your Krell.  
I live in an apartment in New York City and put in two dedicated 20A lines and a brand new panel after discovering that the old panel was manufactured in the 1950s, and had been declared a fire hazard. I had the electrician put in hospital grade outlets. I bought the apartment, though, that might not be so easy in a rental but what landlord would say no to a tenant upgrading the electrical system on their own dime?

The super in my building told me that ConEd ran new wires from the basement to my apartment, in the chase, because there had been a fire in a lower level apartment years ago and the smoke went into the chase. So, I lucked out, I guess.

I run a massive Gryphon Colosseum stereo amp driving a pair of Gryphon Cantatas. The sound is clean and deep, and smooth. I don’t play loud, or late at night, so nobody has complained. I run the Niagara 5000 as a power conditioning unit and have all of my gear plugged into it, so I have an unused 20A line.

Anyway, talk to a licensed electrician and enjoy the music!
No, you cannot run this amp in your apartment. Take it from one who has had both the FPB 300cx AND the 400cx. I ran my 300cx in a condo and CONSTANTLY was blowing circuits. The 400cx actually has TWO power supplies and absolutely requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Given your space, you will absolutely fine with a 300cx and it will sound great.