Can you help or do I have to get divorced?

Size and Placement does matter do to a misunderstood wife. I can't have speakers on stands, I can't have floorstanding speakers, and in-wall speakers are too permanent. What in the hell am I suppost to do? My room is 17' X 14' and I'm looking for speakers that will be used for music listening and eventually home theater listening. (when I can afford to complete the system). I want to find a good pair of speakers and amp that I can eventually build a good home theater system with. I need to stay below $1,000 for speakers. Any advice?
tommyt
From what i can tell from your message, your only alternative to a divorce is some type of tiny bookshelf speaker that you can install someplace that is convenient for her to try and "hide". As such, you might as well buy some Bose or other "generic" cubes as you'll never be able to achieve audiophile quality like that. Your other alternative might be to check into some Gallo "baseballs" and see what you think of them. I'm sure that they are miles ahead of Bose, but i still wouldn't expect much out of little speaker like that. Sean
>
Get yourself a girlfriend who likes music and equipment and leave you stuff over at her house!!!
Lets see...you cant have speakers on stands, you cant have floor standers and you dont want in wall... You have three choices the way I see it 1. Divorce 2. headphones or 3. hang some speakers from the ceiling.
P.S. I'd consider #1