Can we talk about Qobuz for a minute

I use to use Spotify until i heard Tidal, and now with my Parasound Integrated amp having a pretty nice dac onboard im bypassing my Bluesound Node2’s internal dac and it sounds great.

Is Qobuz just like Tidal as to song selections and ease of use. I haven’t check pricing either.

Is there a reason some really like Qobuz sound better, without it turning into a blood bath Lol, thanx guys

kgveteran

Showing 1 response by oldschool1948

I use both Tidal and Qobuz.  I started with and kept Tidal because, for the most part, it has more of the old school R&B classics that I like; and I like it's interface better. 

In my system, Qobuz HiRes sounds a bit better than Tidal MQA.  But it doesn't blow it away.  Maybe its because my DirectStream DAC supports MQA.  For serious listening, I use Qobuz.  Streamed CD quality from either sounds the same.  I've long since ripped my CD collection to a Zenith MKII streamer.  Playing from it sounds better than streamed CDs.

To be honest, MP3s don't sound bad on my main system.  I can hear a clear and distinct difference between it and everything else, but my wife says she can't.  In the end, I guess it all depends on what you are listening on and for.