Can the output of an ARC PH-7 be turned down?

I just purchased almost simultaniously an ARC PH-7 and an Aesthetix Calypso. I'm finding the "7"'s output is overdriving my Calypso-at least that's what Aesthetix thinks. Try as I might, I can't find any jumper or adjustment to the 7's output. Any suggestions?
handymann
Hi Handymann,

Excellant purchase selections BTW. As already mentioned the only reduction of gain that I can offer you is through the Calypso. The adjustable shunts need to be on the 2 inside positions to reduce the gain by -12dB.

The non reduced gain is stated at 29 dB balanced and 23 dB single ended.

Lowering the gain by -12 dB reduction would still put you at 17dB for balanced and 11 dB for single ended.

I prefer the lower gain setting to the high setting. Tape hiss being noticable with the high setting is the reason given by Aesthetix for the adjustment of gain.

Using 5751 tubes will also decrease the output level as stated above.

I am using the Calypso single ended so I can not advise you on gain and overload using balanced connections.

Thanks to all for your input. ARC has a gain reduction kit I can get, but they discouraged it due to signal degradation. I saw where MCM electronics has line attentuators, but I would have to use an RCA to XLR adator on my interconnects from my PH-7 to the Calypso. Does anyone have any experience with these? I checked with Vintage Tube Svcs and they have the 5751 tubes, but only in RCA. I'm wanting a rich, warm clean and clear sound. Anyone have experience with these tubes?
Handymann, I also own an ARC PH-7. My line stage is an ARC Ref-5. Concur with Mofi -- PH-7 output is fixed and gain is at full bore of 57.5db. I was unaware that ARC sells a gain reduction kit.

Question: is the PH-7 clipping your pre?? If not, please explain why you simply can't adjust gain through your pre's gain/volume control. If your clipping the pre, that's a whole different can of worms.