Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy

@randy-11

Perhaps I could have been more clear. I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I do not require a "safe place" here, as you put it. I am all for opposing opinions, and free debate, especially when something can be learned from it. I just don't see the need for some of the insults and rude comments/name calling some members direct at others. Hope this clears up the intent of my post.

By the way, speaking of learning something new, I have not been able to log on to any forums here in the past couple of days. I know that the system has not been down, as I have received e-mail notifications to any new additions to this post, but I have not been able to get to the page. Has this happened to anybody here before, and if so, what would the cause be?

Cheers

Geoff, I am not German (my grandfather sailed in convoys on the Atlantic and landed in Normandy delivering ammo on the beach while my father was in a labour camp). But what is the point of such xenophobic remarks? Modern Germany is a perfectly decent country.
@cleeds,
If you read your response to me several times, you will find answer to original question which is definitely there.
@geoffkait ,
do same with all of yer responses to find an answer to OP's question. the answer is there for sure pal.

case solved.

@willemj  Yes, modern Germany is a very decent country. I have one of my bikes there, and go visit/ride every summer for a month. I have many good friends there, and it is quite a cool vibe, being there. I have never been treated with anything but respect and with good hospitality wherever I go, despite the language barrier that arises on occasion. Luckily we speak a universal language... Got beer????  LOL

Cheers

Some some of these posts are just too long- who wants to read more than a paragraph of someone else’s opinion? I would also like to see the sarcastic, snide, trying-to-be-clever, and kumbaya posts go away. What we might then have is an informative, opinionated, and entertaining forum.