Can someone suggest a lush tube integrated under $3000 used

My main system it’s solid state preamp and amp. I’ll through in a tube preamp on occasions. Somedays I just miss the lush involving syrupy tube sound with small jazz and blues recordings. I know highs may be rolled off,  not a lot of slam but can be so involving you lose track of time. This amp will be matched with some Joseph Audio first gen Pulsar, LSA 2 statement tower with ribbon tweeter and some Tiny Dancers. 

I’ve heard good things of the Cary, Ayon, maybe an old Conrad Johnson cav 50, I just don’t have much experience with integrated amps. My speakers aren’t the most efficient. 

paulcreed

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

On a whim got a Willsenton R8 (yes Chinese but very well made, made in the same factory as line magnetic stuff i believe)  and it's surprisingly well made and sounds very good if I do say. I have a bunch of tube stuff at home and its way better than the price would indicate, came super well packaged as well. takes KT88, 6550 / EL34's switchable. 

I have no issues at recommending one of their amps. customer service was excellent as well when i had a question they were back to me in a day (very good considering the time difference).  

there's enough reviews on youtube now, google and they pop up by the droves. and I agree with all of them.

I use mine in my computer room system originally on some Tektons Lore's now driving some much less efficient ADS speakers and the amp sound fantastic. tube change was the fist thing i did mind you.