Can I use 2 two channel amps to run a 3 channel system? leaving one side of an amp unused

Can I use 2 two channel amps to run a 3 channel system (left, right and center), leaving one side of an amp unused?
dante7
I've been doing this for years. I have a Bryston 2.5 SST2 for the Aerial 5T's and an old 200 wpc Forte 6 using one channel for the Aerial CC-3 center. It's been powering the center for close to 10 years.
The power (volume) from the center channel output is controlled within the AVR setting to balance center channel with L & R.
The simple solution would be to bridge the amp and reduce the center channel level 3-6db.  Unfortunately that amp cannot be bridged.   I would contact Bel Canto and ask if there is any issue just using one channel and if you should use a dummy load on the other.  
You should not sum up the left and right channels and feed it into one speaker.    The outputs from each channel on the amp are low impedance and there is a good chance they would "interact with each other" and short (or other bad things).   

You will need to use a stereo to mono converter.    This isolates the 2 channels and combines them to power one speaker.