Can I make my stereo play mono by...

Hello to all...

Have heard mono and appear to enjoy it more. Could I hook up all my speaker cables to one speaker and have it play mono? Intuitively this seems like it would work - but I'd like others thoughts about this: can I damage my speaker or Integrated amp? Playing CDs with optical cable into Integrated...

Thanks for any inputs.
insearchofprat
Leave your pair of speakers in their normal location. Use the "mono" function on your preamp (if it has one). You will have a nicely centered mono image between the pair of speakers! Leave the amp connected as usual for stereo.
I find that using a pair of speakers this way for mono is much better than a single speaker.
Only two-channel tube amps can be parallel-connected! This will give double the power for mono use. Never parallel the outputs of a two-channel transistor amp! Some of these amps have internal bridging circuits that will allow conversion to mono safely.
Put the speakers next to each other if your pre doesn't have a mono switch, that will nearly be mono. Alternatively, if you have the freedom to set them up properly and enjoy the stereo, search for " Sumiko master set" this discribes a systematic approach to setting them up in the room and getting it right using nothing more than a CD with a good range of bass notes and your ears.