Can Anyone Recommend a Good Speaker ?

I'm looking for a speaker that has tight punchy bass ( rather than something that's going to shake the walls ) that can also reveal detail in a recording without being overly bright in the $1,000 - $2,500 range ..monitor or floor stander .
Any suggestions
crosseyedmary4

Showing 1 response by sthomas12321

2 speakers fit your description perfectly. The Legacy classics ($1200-$1400) and the legacy Focus 20/20's ($2600-$3k).

The Focus 20/20's are easily the best speakers Ive owned. I say this because they are the most complete speaker Ive ever owned. They have power, punch, and yet are relaxed and gentle in the top end. IMO this is a speaker that would make you very happy. To this day I regret selling mine. All Music sounded great through them. They rocked out with rock music and took me away with jazz. Bad recordings were great through them and great recordings were awesome. Just a great true full range speaker that you don't see much of anymore.

3qty 12" woofers will get you there in the bass, and the ribbon tweeters have absolutely no ear fatigue like metal domes do. I miss the sound just thinking about it.