Can a Rotel RA-1520 power B&W's 804s'

I can afford a pair of used 804s' or a new pair of CM9s. I am piecing together my first half decent stereo and already purchased a Rotel RA-1520 integrated amp. I listen to classical and Jazz at low to moderate levels and would like to purchase a pair of speakers that will get me closest to nirvana knowing that I may still have a long way to go. Audio etc .com recommends the 805D's paired with my amp which I question however, I need some expert advice or information on where to get expert advice. Thank you.
experiment1776

Showing 1 response by dwsssnet

I have a pair of B & W CDM7SE's partnered with the 1520. If this isn't enough amp for you, I feel sorry for your ears and what's left of your hearing. I've owned some of the best stuff out there, and the Classe Cap 151 I have now to compare it to can't beat it. The Classe costs 2.5 times as much as this Rotel, and the Rotel is the one that makes my foot tap. It literally blows the house down on everything I feed it, and it NEVER shuts down or cries for mercy.

Seriously, I can afford any amp I want, and I'm keeping the Rotel. It sounds as good as any amp I've ever owned.

Aragon 4004, B&K ST 140, Adcom 555, Classe Cap's 80 and 151. Anyone that doesn't at least TRY this Rotel first is cheating himself. Is this raving enough?