Can 200$ IC cable bump 2k$ Audio Note cable?

Few day's ago, I started getting hum.

After investigation of all connection, I found out that Audio Note Interconnect RCA cable from Lyngdorf 2170 to Silbatone SET amp.was the culprit.

I replaced it with Crystal Cable that I had kept in storage.

Oh my god, the soundstage got more three dimensional with Crystal Cable.

But Crystal cable does not have tight and deep bass as Audio Note cable.

I had kept two digital cables to connect from my music server to reclocker and then to Lyngdorf 2170.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...-ohm-morpheus-reference-series-ii-1-m-digital

To compare with Crystal cable, I had tried out pairs of digital cable from Silnote that I paid 100$ each as IC cable.

Wow it sounds wonderful with weighty bass and excellent tonality.

The only missing thing is some refinement at treble, but it is not terribly bad either.

I can not claim that pairs of digital cable which cost me 200$ bump Audio Note IC cable that I paid 2k$ 18 years ago.

But it is almost comparable to the overall performance of Audio note.

I have to repair Audio note IC cable but in the meantime I decide to do IC cable rolling.

I ordered Teo Audio GCii IC cables as a starting point relying on 30 day's return policy.

I will compare Teo Audio IC with Silnote morpheus cable.

If l prefer one brand over the other, then I will order upper model of winning brand.

Another interesting thing happened to used Teresonic Clarrison Speaker Cables that I paid 300$ this week.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...peaker-cable-7-feet-speaker?show_listing=true

I bought this speaker cable for connection to PSB sub woofer.

But when I replaced Audio Note speaker cables with Teresonic Clarrison Speaker Cables just for fun, I found out the latter is more holographic with just little bit of less tight bass.

I paid 3K$ for Audio Note speaker cables 18 years ago.

I decided to keep using Teresonic Clarrison for a while for long term impression.

Anyway, I am surprised to find that the cables that I paid 200$ and 300$ closely match the performance of Audio Note Cables that I paid 10 times more 18 years ago
128x128shkong78

Showing 1 response by captbeaver