Cambridge S30 and Jolida 102b

I just acquired a Jolida 102b, but my current "fill in" speakers, Polk R15 are not cutting it I used to own a pair of Silverline Minuets that I wish I would of kept. However, I'm forced financially to keep the new speaker purchase around $200. The Cambridge S30 seems to fit the bill. I would like a larger speaker but space constraints keep me limited to desktop sized monitors. How well will the S30 play with a 20 watt tube amp. I know most of you recommend choosing speakers first and then the amp, but I love tube amps (both aurally and visually). I enjoy a warm speaker. I don't mind even a little dark. I really do not like a bright speaker especially at near field. I don't even mind if it's laid back. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
mathewm

Showing 4 responses by mathewm

Ha, ha... you sound worse than me. Any particular reason that you came back to the S30 after the Minuets? I kick myself for selling the Minuets since they're hard to come by used now.
I used to own the FX10 and Silverline Minuets. It was a decent setup but in the end I felt that the Minuets were a little under powered. On paper the S30s look to be more efficient and along with the extra 10 watts from the 102b I was thinking that I would be satisfied. I also have my eye on the JB3s but they are hard to find used and new are out of my price range.
Yeah that's pretty deep. The Minuets were just about perfect for desktop use. I think I'll just keep a look out for another used pair. Thanks for the help!