Cambridge Azur 851C Upsampling DAC, CD Player & Preamplifier

This is kind of a 'hybrid' topic discussion:
I'm interested in the CD player in the discussion title.  I will be paring it with a Marantz 2270 receiver (fully restored and delivering about 85 wpc) and Hales Revelation One speakers.  I'm looking for a great sounding CD player but also am interested in the Azur's digital hub capabilities.  Aside from CD's, I frequently listen from other sources: iPhone (streaming and on board), streaming TV etc. 

Can you help me better understand the advantages of the Azur's DAC and preamplifier in my scenario?  One reviewer had this to say about the 815C's performance in a digitally sourced system:

“...The Cambridge 851C is a highly capable and versatile hub of a digitally-based audio system. In addition to playing CDs, the 851C has multiple digital inputs, source-switching, and a volume control, obviating the need for a preamp in systems with all-digital sources. It’s also well built, nicely finished, and a pleasure to use...” http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/cambridge-audio-azur-851c-cd-playerdac/
Thanks!

chametzoo
I heard the 851 couple of times at my dealer showroom and love it.It really capable to deliver great performance much above its price tag.You won’t find better CDP in this price level.
I also have a vintage receiver Pioneer sx-1280. With B&W 805s in one room. And running off the same receiver a pair of B&W 805 D3’s  in another room. The receiver has been completely re capped.  For a turntable I have a Yamaha YP-D71. Also run a pioneer RT-707 reel to reel deck. I still record some of my favorite radio shows. Also added a pretty low end Sony CD player that I ran through a music hall 25.3 via optical output. Also used my Mac to stream tidal.  This was supposed to be my vintage system , That has a high WAF factor. But with the computer and the music hall Dac, it was just to messy . And I wasn’t completely happy with the Dac.
 I wanted to add a better DAC and clean up the whole thing.

I bought the Cambridge audio 851n network streamer with built in Dac. The 851n is a great digital hub. 5 digital inputs. Plus it streams tidal and Spotify. has a built in preamp.  And can be controlled by the iPad app. I did get to hear it at a local dealer showroom before I bought it. And was really impressed by its sound and it’s connectivity as a digital hub. Have had this unit for Just about 7 months and really like it. 

I just bought Cambridge CXC transport (to replace the Sony) which does not have its own digital to analog converter in it. It just a transport. Can’t tell you how impressed I am with this combination.  Super quiet and much more detail. 
My Cd player of the last six years has been the Cambridge 851-C. I love this piece. It's one of those components that I don't plan to ever get rid of. The only way I would is if it broke beyond repair. Yes, there is better digital out there now, but for a player that sells for $1650 new, it definitely brings a lot to the table and has incredible flexibility. Not one hiccup in the six years I have owned it. It just seems to be bullet proof.
biketony & mre_m... thank you.

I agree with biketony, my digital situation is a mess and could sound better as well.  I'm working too many digital inputs w/ compromised sound:  Apple Music streaming via iPhone, from my Mac via WiFi to Airport Express plugged into the Marantz receiver, streaming radio stations via the Mac or iPhone.  I also have a large CD collection that sits idly because of an ailing NAD player from 20 years ago.

So, if I were to go with a Cambridge Audio CD/DAC/Digital Hub unit, like the 851-C... that hub would translate, optimize and interpolate the original signals from these sources up to a hi fidelity level.  I would then feed the product of the DAC's into the amplifier side of the Marantz (it has user accessible 'pre out' to 'amp in' jumpers. I would split the 'amp in' side and feed the 851-C's product into the amplifier for final delivery to the speakers.)  Do I have this right??
All in all, I would want an input for the iPhone, a router (currently an Airport Express) to deliver sound from the Mac in the other room, possibly a hard drive or SSD full of music files, and a TV.  

Could the 851-C provide for these inputs... ?  as well as providing a CD transport?  Or would a CXN v2 with Apple Airplay be better and add a Cambridge transport to that?