Cambridge Audion Azur 840 C problems

Hi, I have a Cambridge Audio 840-c C-D player that plays fine when first turned on, but after a while the audio will cut out, than come back on, than cut out again at a fairly consistent rate. Approximately 3 seconds off, than 5 seconds on over and over. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks for your help.

Gary
128x128ghoeper
Gary,

I have owned three different 840C's and two of the three have operated flawlessly.  The one with the problem had a cold solder crack on the DAC board that left the CD player and DAC section useless.  It would though operate as a transport.  

Maybe open her up and check for solder cracks or caps leaking.

Bill
I had the same problem with a Cambridge integrated. I sent it to the authorized repair facility and they kept it for 3 months. Everytime I called about the amp, it was excuse after excuse why it wasn't fixed yet. When I finally got it back, it started doing the same thing within a month. I called the repair center and told them the problem had started again. The guy started talking to me like I had done something wrong so I told him to F.O. and I packed it up and it now resides in the attic. I'll never buy another CA product.
There is a problem with some of the caps on a couple of the circuit boards that can be corrected with replacement. Contact Audio Plus Services for more info.

"There is a problem with some of the caps on a couple of the circuit boards that can be corrected with replacement. Contact Audio Plus Services for more info."

Yes they are the ones I sent something off too and they were great to work with.  Reasonable(to me) and great with communication.

Bill

Thanks for all the feedback, it's much appreciated. I had this same problem with this same machine a year ago. Than for no apparent reason it started worked fine again, until now so I took the top off and played a c-d so that when it started acting up again, I could see if the laser was going on and off in conjunction with the sound going on and off.  But I could not see the laser as it was playing, even with a small mirror. I also couldn't get it to act up again, even after several hours of playing. So I put it back in the system and so far it has been working fine. I did clean the laser lens with a cue tip and a liquid lens cleaner before doing so, and It seems to read the c-d's a lot quicker now.

I was also having intermittent trouble with the tray not opening and closing properly, but so far that seems to be working fine as well. I don't know what to make of it.

One afterthought, when the sound would go off, and than on again, it would pick up from where it left off, almost as though you hit the pause button on the remote. I wonder if the problem might lie in that area.

Gary
Hey Gary.  Did you ever get this issue fixed and/or figure out what it was that was causing the issue?