Cambridge Audio CXC Series 2

Cambridge has come out with the Series 2 CXC transport. Based upon a conversation I had with a dealer the only differences between it and the original model are a new faceplate and finish; there's no technology change.  Cost bumps up $150 for the cosmetics. If you have plans on buying the CXC the original version is on sale as I guess stock needs to be moved out.
facten
back to the price for the original CXC...thanks, was wondering if there was an internal upgrade, quite happy with my CXC
Thank you so much for posting this.  It gave me the push to buy the original CXC, and I am thrilled with the improvement over using a DVD player for a transport!  Many thanks, Ken
was wondering if there was an internal upgrade, quite happy with my CXC
I believe it’s just cosmetics. Nothing wrong with the look of the old one, the only thing I didn’t like was the supplied universal remote for all their products, all the buttons I wanted were at the bottom, makes it difficult to hold and press buttons at the same time using one hand. Maybe they fixed that, and gave a dedicated CD remote.

Cheers George
I recently bought the original CXC, like the silver finish and the price I paid. The remote is no bother to me, the CD functions are all at the bottom.  Audio Advisor is selling the original at $399. I am not in a position to compare to other CD transports, however think it to be a very high value product at it price point.