Cambridge Audio CD Player Has Died

I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD player that is roughly 15 years old. A year ago the left channel went dead & was subsequently repaired. However, yesterday the audio output completely died (no sound whatsoever). Although the unit has served me well, I am reluctant to continue to put more money into repairs of an older unit.

That being said, I have a question for those of you who have more expertise than I. Is there a discernible difference in sound quality between high-end CD players & those more moderately priced? Although I do have a high-quality audio system, I would prefer not to spend a lot of money on a new CD player unnecessarily.
Thank you so much.
Kit
kitjv
If you pursue separates, the Oppo 103 plays well with a Schiit Modi Multi, using Blue Jean 75-ohm digital coax.
I’m curious.....will adding a dac to a stand-alone player appreciably improve the audio quality?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I only added the Schiit Multi Modi to my Oppo 103 hoping to tame a slight bit of brightness I was hearing on some recordings that were a bit hot. Very pleased with the results, but it was a gamble that I was hoping would work, and it did. This time. YMMV, unfortunately, as always...

Tom