Cambridge Audio Azur 851N Network Player

HI, I was wondering if anyone knows the type of fuse, size amperage, fast or slow blow information for the Azur 851N uses.  I'm looking to possibly replace the stock fuse with a Synergistic Research Blue fuse?

I tried speaking to Cambridge audio support personnel and got an immediate response that if I opened the player that would void the warranty.  Then I explained the player is not under warranty and I was simply exploring the idea of putting an audiophile grade fuse in the system.  The support personnel then said, " That he did not know nor he could he divulge that information!  But, if I wanted to send it in for service that they could help in that regard.

So, if anyone has any experience with the fuse location and type of fuse this player uses I'd appreciate the help.   did a cursory search on the Internet but have not found anything specific regarding the fuse placement for the Azur 851N.  When the time comes I'll just open it and see what so super secret about a fuse.

Thanks for any help,

saberstriker

Showing 1 response by mrdecibel

I am completely on board with millercarbon. I do believe in fuse upgrades, as they improve sq. However, fuses are there for a reason, and if you go up in value too much, you are risking the fuse not doing its job, during an electrical cycle of sorts. I am just throwing caution into the wind. No negativity here. Enjoy ! MrD.