Cambridge Audio Azur 640H

Has anybody heard this player?I am thinking of buying one.What is the built quality and sound quality?
gellis1

Showing 2 responses by cinematic_systems

I love mine, networked with my brothers 640H a 100 miles away stacked 2 more USB hardrives on for more storage, grab music off the wireless laptops HD, sounds like the highly regarded 640 CD player when playing from its hard drive and a notch off for direct playback of the disc.

I use a Bel Canto DAC2 anyway and its sound real good with a little help from the BC.

At $1500 it is a steal. It's a great way to interface with your computer through your A/V systems TV, the GUI is very nice.
You can't swap hardrives as far as I know, but you can add any number of USB externals and make backup files.

If the HD fails send it to Audio Plus for replacement or possible rebooting I guess.

Once you get a significant amount of music back it up like any valuable data. just incase the undesireable happens.

With two software upgrades already and a third on the way, these answers may change and a hard drive swap maybe available down the road. Cambridge Audio has an email for these question on their website. See what they say.