Cal Audio Alpha 24/96 upgrade?

I have a Cal Audio Alpha Dac, and I am wondering if it is worth having the 24/96 upgrade done. Is it worth the cost, ($450)? Will it make that big of a difference? Or is it money that should be saved for something else? by the way, I am using a Cal Audio Delta CD Transport.

Thanks in advance.
ton1313

Showing 1 response by lev335

Your CAL setup has a very nice sound. The tubes give that combo some bloom. I use to have it about four years ago. Also Metronome is made in France and imported out of New York city by Fanfare international. Who has a very poor track record on their service department.(I know personally)The Metronome cd 2v is also a nice sounding peice but not one of a high recommendation from me.It depends on your budget? Its not worth the upgrade on the cal.Yes you will hear an improvement but no its not worth the money. The Theta miles is a very nice sounding cd player no longer made but very good especailly at the price you will buy it for on the used market. About 1,300. The Arcam FMJ is a great sounding cd player as well. The Wadia 850 is very good also. My favorite is The Levinson 39 as many people know. Good luck if I can help you in any way please feel free to email me and I will assist in your quest for a great player. good luck: Daniel