Cables that are more enhanced than Acoustic Zen

I am needing to go into a biamp situation (solid state for woofers) and two sets for the top end - using a zero speltz impedance box in the chain (mid and highs - otl mono block tube amps) Since my current speaker wires are Acoustic Zen Satori shotgun bi-wires I will unfortunately need to move on and completely redo my speaker cables in my system.I might look at interconnects at the same time for addtional system synergy,

I've done a bit of reading in old threads but feel a new post for my current bi-amp situation would be appropriate

I really like the strengths of the Acoustic Zen speaker cables - I also have the original Matrix IIs. Tonally balanced - revealing yet warm, dynamic, good seperation of instruments and great soundstage both width and depth.

I play upright bass so reproducing the warm tones inherant to the instrument is critical

Some have said that Acoustic Zen sound a little grainy - I've heard elements of that on the interconnects, and swapped them out for Straightwire Crescendos, Purist Audio Aqueous 50th. The Crescendos may be just slightly veiled (very subtle) the PAD are very dark and lack a little dynamics but are tonally balanced (I hear their more expensive cables are not dark and lacking)

I haven't tried anything higher up the Acoustic Zen line. I usually stay away from silver - I am very sensitive to bright high freqencies (a few concussions along the way) -I have 16+k hearing. I've had Cardas golden cross but it wasn't dynamic enough and too warm.

Cables suggested were morrow, higher level pad,
The Nordost I've heard I didn't like. Clear Day I have never heard of. Anticables I didn't care for.

My equipment Galibrier Gavia (currently triplanar wiring), Doshi Aalap Preamp, audio research cd2, atma sphere ma-1 tube mono blocks to speltz zeros impedance converter, qsc bass amp, and Salk Soundscape 10 speakers,

What cables would you recommend that wouldn't be incredibly expensive and have a tonally balanced sound leaning to the warm side with great dynamics and soundstage?

I would need 10 ft runs to the bass drivers. Should I go shorter on the top end, and small lengths on the "jumpers" from the zeros to the speakers?

Morrow SP5's sound interesting

Anyone went from Acoustic Zen to another cable? Or higher up the AZ line?

Would like to stay under $1000 on a 10' pair
unless the next step up is jaw dropping
Obviously broken in used would be nice

Thanks

Tom
128x128audiotomb

Showing 1 response by mt10425

You might look in Neotech's direction. Word has it that Neotech makes AZ. Just what I heard.