Cable length for 110 ohm AES/Ebu digital

With a Reg. 75 ohm cable it has been said the prefered length is around 1.5 meters because reflection in the cable is not affected at that length. Now you may believe in this theory or not.
But I would like to hear from those who do and does this hold true with 110 ohm AES/Ebu digital interconnect XLR.
Can I have it shorter?

Thanks.
benie

Showing 2 responses by benie

Good article, Thanks Bob. I was planning on using Vampire Pure copper Gold plated XLR. I guess a little more research is in order.
Thanks for the link Bob. The price is very reasonable as well. Take Five Audio has Belden 1801B which is 110 as well.
http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopexd.asp?id=307
I don't like that it is only a foil shield.
The 1800F looks better with the braid shielding. DH Labs also has some bulk 110 ohm AES/EBU digital cable.

Steve I was hoping you might post. I know you have alot of experance as well. Thanks for the link to your article, very good info. I know everthing in the chain does matter but WOW, after reading that I feel I have a much better understanding, but it almost made me feel like trading it in for a TT. LOL. I've had my Benchmark Dac for about a year now and I am very happy with my choice. When I am ready for some mods I know who I will be sending it to.
Thanks for your input!